Setting your goals for 2017.
A goal without action is just a dream. And dreams are nice, but achievements are better. Next year you want to get shit done, right? You want to lift your game. You want to conquer the crap out of it! I know I do. So, instead of dreaming about what we'd like to do next year, let's put some goals in place.
If you need some extra accountability, let's be buddies. Comment with your list of goals for next year, and I'll check in with you to make sure you're getting it done. I find it easier to set goals if I've written down the dream first. It's important to make sure your goals are actionable steps - not the end outcome.
1. Create at least 8 paintings for my solo show next year.
2. Get over 30 excellent artists involved in my group exhibition.
3. Go on a winter escape holiday with my partner.
4. Get fitter.
1. Produce one painting a fortnight from Jan 1st - May 30th.
2. Email 70 artist invitations out before Jan 31st.
3. Set aside $50 into holiday savings account weekly.
4. Meet step count every day.
And there you have it! They're simple dreams and goals for the time being, but I find if I have too many complicated ones then I drop the ball on all of them. Once I have these ones locked and loaded - then I introduce some new goals into the mix. Creating a habit for each goal is the key to success.
Any ideas on what you'd like to get done next year?